In December it will be 2 years since I graduated college. I really have no idea where the time went but at the same time it has been the longest two years of my life. I am someone who thrives on being busy. I love it quite honestly. But ever since I graduated college it has been the most non-busy time. My job has been somewhat busy but other than that there hasn’t been any stress or big thing that I am working towards (i.e graduation, finding a job). In my post grad life I have learned plenty about my job, relationships, friendship, and life in general. Here are 5 things I have learned since graduating college.
- Enjoy the free time This will be the first time you are not busy. But that is okay! This has been so hard for me. I became so used to having an assignment, project, or meeting that it was hard to just be okay with having a lot of free time.
- You will grow up After college you will be forced to grow up and be an adult. As much as you want to be that college kid that goes out and still makes it to class, you can’t. Enjoy your weekends but it is time to pay your bills, be responsible, and make smart choices. You will see many staying behind and trying to continue to live that college lifestyle but there is a time to move on.
- Your friends will change In your 20s your friends will change because they will move, get married, or just drift. With some of my very good friends I just don’t have much in common with them. But just because you don’t have much in common now doesn’t mean you never will. Try to enjoy what they like at the moment and hope they can try what you like.
- It’s okay to not be married After college you already feel immense pressure to have it all figured out. You will spend time answering a million questions about the future but do not fret. It is okay to not have it figured out. I have been so happy with myself that I did not rush through big moments in order to have something to tell someone. It is okay to enjoy your time being young!
- Fill your time After college I felt down and did not know what to do with my time. My mom invited me to a yoga class one evening. I did not like it at first but after a couple times I was hooked. I have been going religiously every week since I graduated. It has been fun trying new studios and practicing new sequences.