Happy Monday morning! It is a chilly one here in Kentucky, it is finally consistently cold. I really enjoy cold weather because I love sweaters, cardigans, wraps, basically anything cozy. Winter to a lot of people can seem like a boring time with the weather and shorter days. It is a really great time to slow down and enjoy people’s company.Here is my top ten things to do during the winter season.
- Read: I absolutely love to read and with the weather outside being so cold it is great to curl up with a good book. I just finished The Husband’s Secret (read the review here), Eight Hundred Grapes, and my current read, Big Little Lies.
- Start a “new to you” series: Gilmore Girls revival, Friends, or Grounded for Life.
- Ice Skating
- Host a Christmas Gift Exchange
- Host a game night
- Hot yoga: There is nothing better than hot yoga when its chilly outside. It is the perfect thing to warm you up!
- Have a beer tasting Invite friends over and tell them to bring their favorite beer or one they want to try and sample everyone’s fav using small glasses. It is very fun to rate them and compare what others like.
- Nail Party: Invite your gals over, pop in Love Actually, and paint on red and glitter nail polish for some festive nails.
- Watch a light show
- See the Nutcracker: I recently saw The Nutcracker by the Louisville Ballet and it was amazing! This is the perfect family, date night, or even a fancy GNO.
What is your favorite thing to do during the winter season?