As of lately, I have been obsessed with avocado toast. It is yummy, filling, and easy to make in a short amount of time. I have been working in the mornings at a camp so by lunch time I am pretty hungry. After being in the heat all morning I do not want to eat anything too heavy so my new found snack/lunch is perfect. I never thought I would even like avocado, I always thought it looked gross. With some seasoning and toasted bread, it is right on!
Here is my favorite recipe:
- 1 piece of sourdough bread toasted
- Half an avocado
- Olive oil
- Dash of seasoning salt
- Dash of ground cayenne red pepper
- Toast your bread to your liking.
- Add a light amount of olive oil and spread it on the bread.
- Cut and scoop out the avocado.
- Spread and mush avocado on toast.
- Add seasoning salt, cayenne red pepper, and any other seasoning you like on top.
- **Sometimes I add chopped red pepper on top.** It’s delicious!
Avocado toast can look so weird but take a chance and try it! What is your favorite snack or light lunch?