Winter conditions can be brutal on ones hair especially if you are trying to grow it out. As of lately I have been really working on my hair to keep it healthier. My biggest tip is to reduce the amount of heat you use. I hardly ever blow dry my hair which I believe has helped tremendously. My other secret weapon these days is Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. This mask is the ultimate deep conditioner leaving hair soft and silky. It can be used after showering or in the shower. The bottle also has directions for an overnight treatment but I have yet to try it out. At first I used the directions provided but after giving it a second go I found my own way. Here are my directions for in shower use:
- Wash hair as normal (shampoo/conditioner).
- While in the shower section 1/3 of your hair leaving it down and pin the other 2/3 up with a clip.
- Take a clump of conditioner working it from root to tip in a one inch section. After it is through your hair take a comb and brush through the conditioner and hair.
- Repeat on the other sections of hair.
- After applying pin all hair into a bun and clip up.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes. I take this time to shave and wash my body with soap.
- After 5 minutes wash out the conditioner thoroughly.
- Enjoy your silky, soft, smooth hair 🙂