Living alone is hard, harder than a lot of people may let on and express. At first you’re like this is going to be fabulous…I’m in a big city, alone, I’m such a city girl. Wrong! After day three, it sets in that there is quite a bit of time in a day. Today I thought I was going to be so busy after work with homework but I finished it all. I was left sitting on the couch wondering what I should do other than watch Real Housewives of NYC. I decided to write a post on things you can do if you live alone. I am going to start to do a lot of these too.
- Try a new work out class gym’s have student discounts and summer deals. UK’s gym the Johnson Center has a $20 summer fee for students. I am going to start going to nightly classes when it opens again.
- Try a new series or re-watch an old favorite try Gilmore Girls, Friends, or The Office.
- Read a book It is very easy to sit and watch TV all night. But instead grab a good book and sit on the porch or by the pool with your latest read.
- Eat dinner outside
- Go to the bookstore This is one of my favorite things to do.
- Go visit a friend as a surprise
- Organize your place
- Go to Target I can spend hours there.
- Go to a local event Cities always have things going on. I have found many just getting on tourism websites for Lexington.
How do you fill your alone time?